Monday, April 7, 2014

Bruschetta with Fresh Tomato

♥ dream ♥ smile ♥ love ♥


This has got to be my favorite appetizer because it's very flavourful and... you guessed it... easy to make! I always get compliments on my bruschetta and I'm always asked for the recipe as well so here it is!





Ingredients:

baguette
tomatoes
garlic
pesto (about a teaspoon just for added flavor)
cheddar cheese, grated
cream cheese
olive oil
salt and pepper

* Notice I didn't put how much of the ingredients are needed? Because it's entirely upto you! You can make it as flavourful or as light as you want :)


Procedure:

1. Cut the tomatoes in halves, then quarters. Remove the seeds and juice then dice the tomatoes. (No, I don't boil the tomatoes and I don't peel the skin because I like that added texture  and freshness.)

2. Mince the garlic. I usually use about 2-3 cloves.

3. Mix the tomatoes, garlic, pesto and cheddar cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.

4. Slice the baguette, lightly brush with olive oil and toast for about 5 minutes in 200'C oven.

5. Take out the toasted baguette slices from the oven and spread a little bit of cream cheese on each of them.

6. Put a tablespoon or so of the tomato mixture on top of the baguette slices and put back in the oven for about 2 minutes.


And that's it! Enjoy the crunch and flavor!


No comments:

Post a Comment